The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists℠ (BCNS℠) is the certifying body for the Certified Nutrition Specialist® (CNS®), and the Certified Nutrition Specialist-Scholar℠ (CNS-S℠) credentials. The CNS® certification is the gold standard credential for advanced clinical nutrition professionals, and the CNS-S certification recognizes advanced knowledge, scholarly work and experience in the field of nutrition in the areas of research, academia or industry.
The BCNS fosters human health by setting and overseeing the highest science-based standards for nutrition professionals. The BCNS:
- Has achieved NCCA accreditation for its Certified Nutrition Specialist certifying program
- Sets competency standards for advanced clinical nutrition professionals
- Creates and administers the rigorous, science-based Certification Examination for Nutrition Specialists™
- Sets and maintains substantial education, experience, and continuing education requirements for its certificants
- Advocates for the advancement of nutrition practice in healthcare via its Center for Nutrition Advocacy