Congratulations on completing the Ketogenic Nutrition Training Program!
The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists offers the opportunity to earn the credential of a Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist (CKNS) which will help identify you as a trained professional in the Ketogenic Diet. You have completed the first step to earn this credential, by successfully completing the Advanced Ketogenic Nutrition Program offered by the American Nutrition Association. The next step is to apply for the Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist Exam.
This exam is offered two times per year in March and September.
Applications are due 6 weeks prior to the exam date.
The upcoming CKNS Exam will be held online on Saturday, September 14, 2019. The deadline to submit applications is CLOSED. All exam payments must be paid by September 4, 2019.
The next CKNS Exam will be held online on Saturday, March 14, 2020. The deadline to submit applications is February 14, 2020 and the deadline to pay the exam fee is March 2, 2020.
Upcoming exam dates can also be found on the BCNS website.
How to apply for the Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist Exam
- Review the qualifications required to apply for the exam. This can be found on pages 5-6 the Program Overview Document.
- Pay the exam application fee of $50 on the BCNS website.
- Within 7 business days, access to the Exam Application will be provided within the online learning platform. Log in to your application (course) at https://ana.edvance360.com/
- Once logged in, choose the Courses tab from the top navigation panel. You will see the course called “Exam Application”
- Complete all required sections of the Exam Application.
- Applications will be reviewed within 14 business days.
- If any information is missing, notification will be sent via email.
- Notification of the approval to take the exam will be sent to you via email. This will include details about the exam date, how to access the exam and how to pay for the exam.