Digital Marketing & Communications Manager - American Nutrition Association
Looking for a Mission, not just a job? Want to have a huge impact on the health of society? If you are passionate about making a difference, smart, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hard for a mission you believe in, then we want you on our Team!
The American Nutrition Association (ANA) is a rapidly growing 501c3 charitable organization.
The ideal candidate must be interested in food, nutrition and health, and working in a multi-faceted, dynamic, non-profit environment.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Manager will support multiple organizations within a Consortium of nutrition organizations, playing a key role in the outward-facing messaging of the Consortium.
Digital Marketing & Communications
- Oversee email marketing efforts (E-mail blasts, E-newsletters) and be responsible for ongoing optimization
- Develop digital campaigns and monitor results (SEO, open rates, click-through, deliverability, conversion) and provide analysis of campaign effectiveness and recommendations to improve marketing ROI
- Help develop and provide input to the creative planning of annual marketing and communications materials
- Oversee research and analysis to determine community wants and needs
- Liaise with external suppliers (production houses); understand print and mail house production needs and scheduling
Social Media Marketing & Communications
- Develop strategies for growing our digital platforms
- Craft and aggregate engaging content for our various social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, to engage target audiences, increase event attendance, and to help raise organizational visibility
- Brainstorm new ideas and innovative ways to engage and grow our audience
- Provide input on content marketing strategy, including defining audience personas and content mission, setting clear marketing objectives for content, and defining how the organizations’ content integrates with the rest of our objectives.
- Create and maintain website content in collaboration with internal teams
- Oversee web developers in the creation of new websites
- Provide key input to team as we develop our branding strategy
- Ensure brand consistency and facilitate the smooth, productive and timely workflow for deliverables supporting our brand launch and future strategic branding initiatives
- Ensure our branding standards and messaging are maintained across all platforms
Ideal Candidate Skills
- Demonstrated interest in nutrition and health
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Strong understanding of social media metrics (use, targeting, analytics) with previous strategic social media experience
- Stays current with the latest in social media and emerging trends within the digital/social space
- Experience in building successful digital marketing campaigns including sponsored ads on social platforms
- Experience updating websites with new content via Content Management Systems (Drupal experience a plus)
- Proficient in Google Suite including Google Ad Words, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Slides, Google Analytics
- Skill with database management and data analytics (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Working experience using email marketing tools (Constant Contact and Mail Chimp a plus)
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Highly organized, creative thinker with strong attention to detail
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexible, adaptable, team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Skill in editing and proofreading copy for accuracy, style and content under deadlines
- Experience writing short-form content for web and social media
- Ability to travel occasionally attending events and conferences
- University degree, ideally in marketing or communications
- 3+ years of experience in digital communications / marketing
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: La Grange, IL Office
- Compensation: Based on experience
Please include a brief explanation of interest in your cover letter.
Brand Manager, Ortho Molecular Products
Lake Barrington, IL
Ortho Molecular Products is changing the way health practitioners think about providing care. Not only does Ortho Molecular Products manufacture dietary supplements of the highest caliber, we also provide the necessary tools to help implement functional medicine in the real world.
One of those tools is by having Brand Managers in house to support and educate healthcare practitioners about our products and services. Ortho Molecular Products is looking for a full-time Brand Manager to work at our Lake Barrington corporate office in support of our adrenal line of products.
This is a great opportunity for a professional looking for a career that combines science, nutrition and education with marketing and sales. The ideal candidate for this exciting position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in science or nutrition
- At least two (2) years experience in clinical setting
- Previous experience in marketing or selling a big plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for health and wellness
- Great communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage and direct teams and hit objectives
As a full time member of the Ortho Molecular Products team you will be eligible for the following benefits: health, dental, voluntary benefits (vision, disability, etc.), 401(k) with company match, paid time off, holiday time off, corporate wellness and bonus opportunities.
Stop working at a job and start your career with Ortho Molecular Products. Please send resumes to Recruiter5@ompimail.com.
Posted February 17, 2017
Student Clinic Supervisor, Maryland University of Integrative Health
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) is one of the nation’s leading academic institutions for natural medicine. For nearly 40 years, MUIH has educated and informed practitioners and leaders in health and wellness through transformative and relationship-centered programs that draw from contemporary science and traditional wisdom. Progressive graduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines are offered both on campus and online. The on-site Natural Care Center offers compassionate and affordable healthcare provided by clinical student interns in University Teaching Clinics and from highly skilled faculty practitioners. For staff and faculty, MUIH offers a collaborative and vibrant work environment that is mission and values-driven.
Maryland University of Integrative Health is seeking a temporary, part-time Teaching Clinic Supervisor for its Master of Science degree program in Nutrition and Integrative Health. Important members of the instructional community, Teaching Clinic Supervisors are versed in integrative and evidence-based nutrition practice; support the learning experience of Nutrition and Integrative Health student interns; and ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care in University’s Student Teaching Clinic. Each Teaching Clinic Supervisor assists Lead Teaching Clinic Supervisors in creating a supportive learning environment for Nutrition and Integrative Health student interns and guides and supervises student interns during clinical practice. The Teaching Clinic Supervisor is the primary faculty contact throughout the student’s clinical training.
This temporary position will work Saturday and Sunday shifts beginning late January and ending in April. Currently reporting to the Nutrition Clinic Coordinator, this is an onsite position working 4-6 hours per week. This is a non-exempt position.
Responsibilities/duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Lead Teaching Clinic Supervisors in overseeing and coordinating student interns participating in the clinic activities
- Ensuring and contributing such that each student in her/his Teaching Clinic Team receives appropriate supervision, assessment, progress monitoring, and feedback during their clinical training
- Ensuring that clients receive appropriate interventions in the Student Teaching Clinic while allowing student interns to have a key voice in intervention design
- Providing direct oversight and guidance for all client consultations
- Ensuring proper reporting and administration of nutrition care process
- Discerning and remembering the distinction between one’s own practice and a beginner’s practice when supervising student interns
- Offering support, coaching, and motivation to facilitate students’ successful completion of the clinical experience
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures of the Student Teaching Clinic are followed at all times
- Making certain the treatment records of student interns meet the current standards established for the Student Teaching Clinic
- Attending regular orientation, individual training, monthly supervisor meetings (via conference call), and commencement services for Teaching Clinic Supervisors (approximately 26 hours per year)
- Modeling professional demeanor, clinical skill, and ethical behavior for student interns
- Serving as faculty advisor throughout the student’s educational experience
- Following MUIH policies and procedures regarding vaccinations, health requirements, and occupational safety and health training
- Completing any and all documents required to be carried on the University’s insurance and notifying the University of any claims against the insured or the insured’s license
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field
- Current license to practice nutrition in the state of Maryland
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a part-time (10+ patients/wk.) practice focused on nutrition and integrative health related equivalent (i.e., functional nutrition, complementary nutrition, holistic nutrition, etc.)
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent clinical abilities with a willingness to learn new skills
- Proficient practice management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to maintain credentials and continuing education units as part of professional licensure
- Commitment to supervising six Saturdays and seven Sundays from January through April
- Commitment and ability to teach, on average, a minimum of 2 credits per year in MUIH’s MS in Nutrition and Integrative Health program (outside of the Student Teaching Clinic)
Note: Any offer of employment and continued employment will be contingent upon the applicant being accepted by the University’s professional liability insurance carrier to serve in the role of clinic supervisor.
To apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Posted January 31, 2017
Marketing Coordinator for Virtual Health Business,
We are looking for an all-around, part-time marketing-oriented freelancer who can write passionately and accurately on health topics, is super computer-savvy enough to finagle the backend of websites, and is, at their core, a critical thinker who is sincerely interested in consumer insights and how to effectively deliver innovative marketing campaigns in the holistic health arena. We want an out-of-the-box thinker who uses their analytical skills with their creative artistic side – someone who loves diversity every day and freedom in their day-to-day. A self-starter is a must!
About the Position:
- Part-time, 20-25 hours, working on your own time as an independent contractor.
- You must have your own business license, insurance, and benefits.
- Hourly pay is commensurate with experience.
Expectations (in this order):
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial content that attracts a qualified audience to our business (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Develop online program campaigns, e-mails, and basic graphics
- Navigate basics on the backend of WordPress, such as blog uploading
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Write, develop and track email campaigns to ultimately increase business
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
Requirements (in this order):
- Highly computer savvy
- Current, working knowledge of WordPress
- Basic working knowledge of graphics and design development, but does not need to be a graphic designer
- An excellent writer who can think critically and enjoys health topics
- Active understanding of social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Added bonus: Proficiency in Infusionsoft, although not a must if computer-savvy
If interested, available, and you have the skills, please contact Dr. Deanna Minich at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and CV.
Posted January 4, 2017
As a Diet Technician you will plan, coordinate and manage all patient/resident nutrition care activities complying with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. You will develop and implement cost effective, profit-generating nutrition programs, function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents.
- Conducts nutrition assessments, care plans, education, and provide appropriate follow up. Documents appropriately in electronic medical record. Coordinates nutrition care with interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Supports the Food Service Director (FSD) in implementation of therapeutic diet needs, including daily orders, tray assembly, sanitation, training of staff, proper documentation as it relates to therapeutic diets. Work with the FSD on written action plans for problem areas.
- Develops a strong level of trust and credibility with clients and the field regarding the technical nutritional competency of ARAMARK Correctional Services.
- Promotes sharing of best practices within accounts.
- Maintains administrative functions as needed, including word processing and assembly of field tools.
- Conducts periodic test trays. Responds and follows up with grievances related to therapeutic diets.
- Assist FSD in providing and documenting in-service trainings for all employees related to diet implementation and/or documentation.
- Collaborate with medical on written diet orders to ensure consistency and understanding of diet meal plans created. Prepare monthly diet summary reports.
- Provides supervising dietitian and/or manager overall input on general food preferences, food allergies, meal plan development, and in-service training creation.
QUALIFICATIONS: Describe experience, education and related coursework typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.
Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree approved by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a Dietetic Technician Registered, with a minimum of two years relevant experience and ServSafe certified. Food service operations management experience preferred. Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a food production software system. Ability to build relationships, communicate effectively with clients, medical, front line manager and on-site staff. Requiresproficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Valid driver’s license.
CNS Conference Representative
Company: Modus Nutrition - (www.ModusNutrition.com) a professional dietary supplement brand for professional athletes, all NSF-Sport Certified. There are three products in the suite: Power On for mental focus and brain health, Power Off for optimizing sleep and recovery, and Modus Plant Based Protein.
Job: Looking for a local (Las Vegas, Nevada area) CNS to represent Modus Nutrition for the National Strength and Training Conditioning Association conference at the Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada July 12 to 15th (https://www.nsca.com/national2017/). Tasks will include explaining the products, giving out samples, collecting attendees information (email, and mailing address) to send more samples and sign up for wholesale accounts. All supporting materials will be provided in advance. Education will be provided on each product in advance. A CNS with a fitness background, or interest in fitness is a plus.
Interested candidates please contact via email:
CNS Internship Opportunity (Hours may be used toward the Supervised Practice Experience)
The Autism Exchange (AEX) is an online community designed to save autism caregivers time and money. The AEX team developed a very unique data system to organize and simplify a large dataset so that caregivers do not have to spent endless nights searching for diverse information such as special diets, education, and therapies. As such, The AEX needs support to manage data inputs for its online system and newsletters.
The intern will gain experience dealing with online data systems relating to multiple subjects in the autism world including: numerous special diets, and diverse biomedical topics related to autism. In addition, the intern will be part of a small team helping to launch a company that not only manages information but also partners with numerous practitioners in the biomedical, nutrition, and therapy areas.
The intern can work entirely remotely and the opportunity will be supervised by Dana Laake, one of Maryland's leading nutritional authorities. Weekly tasking will be coordinated with The AEX founder, John Leon. John is an autism dad and has 27 years of experience at NASA.
Interested parties should contact John at: email@example.com
The AEX can be viewed at: